I love to have a little something sweet after I eat. Anyone else!? Since my diagnosis with NETs I have to watch my blood glucose levels which means no sugar for me! I’m always experimenting with sugar free recipes that I can enjoy. This avocado lime pie turned out great and curbs my sweet tooth. Here’s how I made it.
Avocado Lime Pie
Sugar free, keto
- 3/4 cup of lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (I used Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese)
- 1-1/4 cup coconut cream
- 4 drops of Stevia (or more depending on how sweet you like it
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored beef gelatin
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup or less of Swerve if you prefer a sweeter crust
- Combine all crust ingredients in the food processor and process until well combined.
- Grease an 8"x8" glass baking dish.
- Press crust mixture into greased baking dish.
- Add the lime juice to a saucepan, add gelatin and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl combine avocados, cream cheese and coconut cream and blend with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Add the Stevia, lime zest and lime juice to the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour the filling on the crust in the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
join the holistic bliss co. essential oil community