I love coconut yogurt, but it’s hard to find a good, inexpensive one at the store. So, I made my own! It’s fairly easy to do if you have a Yogurt setting on your InstaPot. Check out my recipe and share your creations with #holisticblisscorecipes
Instapot Coconut Yogurt
Dairy-Free Coconut Milk Yogurt with Probiotics.
- 2 Cans Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Probiotics
- 1 Tablespoon of Beef Gelatin
- Fresh Young Thai Coconut Meat
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Sterilize the InstaPot bowl and utensils that you will be using.
- Pour coconut milk into InstaPot and use a whisk to blend liquid and fat.
- With the lid off, press the Saute button and heat until it has started to steam and bubble at about 180 F.
- Let the coconut milk cool to 115 F. You can speed up this process by putting the bowl in an ice bath.
- Once cooled, sprinkle beef gelatin over coconut milk and let it sit for 5 minutes to absorb. When it has a leathery look to it you can whisk it until fully blended with the coconut milk.
- Add the probiotics and whisk to blend.
- Add in optional ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Press the Yogurt button on the InstaPot and set the desired time. Anywhere from 10 – 24 hours will work. The longer you cook it, the tangier it will get. I usually do 20 hours, but play around with different times each time I make it.
- When you have reached your time, pour the yogurt into glass containers and put in the refrigerator. It will be really runny still, but after you refrigerate it for several hours it will thicken.